WHAT IS BANABA LEAF EXTRACT?
The banaba tree, or Lagerstroemia speciosa in scientific parlance, is native to tropical Southeast Asia. This plant is a member of the Lagerstroemia genus, which is often known as Crape Myrtle. It is commonly found in nations like the Philippines, Malaysia, and India and goes by several names there, such as Jarul, Pride of India, and Giant Crape Myrtle.
Banaba is highly regarded for its many therapeutic qualities, which cover almost every aspect of the tree. For example, the bark is traditionally used to treat conditions such as diarrhoea, and extracts from the fruits and roots are said to have analgesic or pain-relieving qualities. Nonetheless, the banaba tree’s leaves are home to an abundance of more than 40 advantageous compounds, the most notable of which are ellagic and corosolic acids. Of all the benefits these leaves provide, their remarkable blood sugar-lowering effect is one of the most notable and sought-after.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BANABA LEAF EXTRACT?
Here are some key benefits of Banaba leaf extract:
- Blood sugar management: The most well-known advantage of banaba leaf extract is its capacity to control blood sugar levels. It has been shown that the bioactive component of banaba leaves, rosolic acid, efficiently lowers blood glucose levels. Studies that were published in the Journal of Medicinal Food demonstrated that giving people with type 2 diabetes supplements containing the extract significantly lowered their fasting blood sugar levels. Banaba leaf extract also provides a natural method of glycemic control by increasing the body’s sensitivity to insulin and encouraging glucose absorption. Additionally, it might aid in the management of prediabetes and enhance general blood sugar control.
- Antioxidant Powerhouse: Banaba leaf extract is high in antioxidants like ellagic acid, quercetin, and corosolic acid. The body needs antioxidants to defend itself against oxidative stress brought on by free radicals. Oxidative stress is linked to a number of chronic health issues and can cause damage to cells. The antioxidants found in banaba assist in scavenging free radicals and lessening their damaging effects. Particularly ellagic acid has strong antioxidant qualities that have been linked to improved general health by lowering the risk of chronic illnesses.
- Weight management: It has been demonstrated that the corosolic acid in banaba leaf extract may help with weight management. Banaba has been linked to improved lipid metabolism and weight loss in a number of trials. According to a study that was published in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, those with prediabetes who took supplements containing its extract saw decreases in their waist circumference, body weight, and body fat percentage. According to these results, banaba leaf extract may be a useful supplement to weight-reduction plans since it may encourage fat loss and enhance body composition.
In summary, there are several possible health benefits associated with banaba leaf extract, chief among them being blood sugar control, antioxidant qualities, weight control, heart health, liver support, and anti-inflammatory actions. Before adding this extract to your regimen, it is necessary that you consult your doctor, particularly if you have any underlying medical concerns or are currently taking medication. Although the data is encouraging, each person may respond differently, and for safe and efficient use, expert guidance is advised.
HOW DOES BANABA LEAF EXTRACT WORK IN HUMAN BODY?
When consumed, the active ingredients in banaba leaf extract—corosolic acid and ellagic acid, in particular—cooperate to provide a range of advantageous physiological benefits. The primary ingredient in the extract that is most well-known for controlling blood sugar levels is rosolic acid. It works by increasing the body’s sensitivity to the hormone insulin, which is essential for controlling blood sugar. In order for cells to use or store glucose for energy, corosolic acid aids insulin in moving glucose from the circulation into the cells. This extract also has the potential to help people with diabetes or those who want to maintain a healthy glucose metabolism because of its activity, which can result in more stable blood sugar levels.
The powerful antioxidant ellagic acid also plays a role in the health benefits of Banaba leaf extract. Ellagic acid helps to prevent oxidative stress, scavenge free radicals, and shield cells from damage. Since its antioxidant effect neutralises dangerous free radicals that can cause tissue damage and cell alterations, it is especially important for lowering the risk of chronic diseases, including as cardiovascular disorders and some types of cancer. Elilagic acid contributes to the preservation of general health and wellbeing by lowering oxidative stress. Because of the synergistic effects of these components, banaba leaf extract is a great supplement to a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet, offering possible advantages for long-term health and blood sugar regulation.
HOW MUCH BANABA LEAF EXTRACT CAN A PERSON TAKE?
Banaba leaf extract may help with blood sugar regulation; it comes in a variety of forms, including tea and capsules. According to one study, consuming 32–48 mg of standardised banaba leaf extract capsules containing 1% corosolic acid for two weeks resulted in lower blood sugar levels. It’s important to stress, nevertheless, that more thorough research is needed to determine exact dosage recommendations. Therefore, it is recommended that anyone wishing to include Banaba leaf extract in their daily regimen follow the dose instructions listed on the particular product they select.
There are many who propose consuming Banaba leaf tea twice a day, however it’s important to note that there isn’t much scientific support for this recommended dosage. Before beginning to take Banaba leaf extract, like with any dietary supplement, it is important to see a doctor or a certified herbalist, particularly if you have underlying medical concerns or are currently taking medication. Your safety and wellbeing can be guaranteed as they can offer you individualised counsel and assist in determining the best dosage for your particular requirements.
WHAT ARE THE VARIATIONS OF BANABA LEAF EXTRACT?
Banaba Leaf Extract is also available as:
- Banaba Leaf Extract 1% Corosolic Acid (Legerstroemia speciosa)
- Banaba Leaf Extract 12:1 (Legerstroemia speciosa)
- Banaba Leaf Extract 20% Corosolic Acid (Legerstroemia speciosa)
Banaba Leaf Extract is commonly available in:
- Banaba Leaf Extract tablets
- Banaba Leaf Extract capsules
- Banaba powder extract
- Banaba liquid extract
If you are wanting to know more information, please get in contact with us. Either using the contact form or contacting us directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.