WHAT IS CAMU CAMU BERRY EXTRACT?
Camu camu berry extract is made from the fruit of the camu camu tree (Myrciaria dubia), which is native to South America’s Amazon rainforest, mainly Peru and Brazil. Camu camu is well-known for having a high vitamin C content that exceeds that of many other fruits and vegetables. Because the fruit is tiny and has a sour taste, it is a popular source of vitamin C in supplements and extracts. Camu camu is known for its possible health benefits in addition to its vitamin C content and is often referred to be a superfood due to its antioxidant capabilities and numerous phytochemicals. Because of these properties, it is used in traditional Amazonian medicine and is becoming more popular as a nutritional supplement.
Camu camu is famous for its high vitamin C content, with some sources claiming that it has 60 times more vitamin C per serving than an orange, making it one of the most potent natural sources of this critical nutrient. Camu camu berries include additional antioxidants, such as flavonoids and anthocyanins, in addition to vitamin C, which contribute to their total potential health benefits. While the fruit is difficult to get outside of its native region, camu camu supplements, notably capsules, powders, and extracts, have become widely available and are recognised for their role in supporting many physiological functions.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF CAMU CAMU BERRY EXTRACT?
Camu camu, a tropical fruit native to the Amazon rainforest, offers a spectrum of potential health benefits. Its outstanding feature is its extraordinarily high vitamin C content, which significantly contributes to various bodily functions. Here are some potential benefits:
- Rich in Vitamin C: The most particular benefit of camu camu is its high vitamin C content. It has a significant amount of vitamin C, with an estimated 3 grams per 100 grams of fruit. Vitamin C is essential for immune system support since it boosts the body’s defences against many ailments. Furthermore, vitamin C is required for the production of collagen, a protein that is necessary for the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, and muscles. It also functions as a powerful antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative stress and free radical damage. Excessive free radical levels in the body can cause oxidative stress, which has been related to chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Although the sour taste of camu camu makes it unsuitable for fresh consumption, it is frequently available in powdered form, where it becomes a potent source of vitamin C, supplying up to 750 percent of the RDA of vitamin C per teaspoon. It’s important to note that vitamin C content varies based on factors such as the source of the fruit.
- High in Antioxidants: Camu camu is high in antioxidants other than vitamin C. It contains flavonoid antioxidants such as anthocyanins and ellagic acid. Antioxidants are essential for protecting cells against free radicals, unstable chemicals created by a variety of stimuli. When there is an overabundance of free radicals in the body, it causes oxidative stress, which is linked to chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. The strong antioxidant content of camu camu may be best suited for people who are exposed to high quantities of free radicals, such as smokers. Camu camu juice consumption reduced oxidative stress and inflammatory indicators significantly among male smokers, according to research. Interestingly, these positive effects were not observed in the group that received a vitamin C tablet alone, suggesting that the combination of antioxidants in camu camu had a more substantial impact. Furthermore, camu camu shows promise in terms of anti-inflammatory properties. The ellagic acid found in its fruit pulp has been shown to inhibit inflammation-triggering enzymes, and extracts from its seeds exhibit anti-inflammatory effects in animal studies. These favourable effects were not detected in the group that received only a vitamin C tablet, implying that the combination of antioxidants in camu camu had a greater impact.
- May fight inflammation: Camu camu has the ability to reduce inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation is known to harm cellular health and has been linked to a variety of serious disorders such as cancer, heart disease, and autoimmune diseases. The pulp of the fruit includes ellagic acid, an antioxidant known to inhibit the enzyme aldose reductase, which causes inflammation. A week of eating camu camu juice resulted in a significant reduction in inflammatory markers such as interleukin (IL-6) and high-sensitive C-reactive protein among male smokers, according to research (hsCRP). Notably, the control group, which received the same amount of vitamin C by tablet, did not experience the same results. This suggests that camu camu may include a combination of beneficial components that assist the body fight inflammation. The seeds of the camu camu fruit have anti-inflammatory compounds as well, as an animal study found that an extract from the seeds efficiently decreased inflammation.
Camu camu, with its high vitamin C content and powerful antioxidants, provides a slew of health advantages ranging from immune system support to inflammation and oxidative stress reduction. Camu camu has a lot of potential for enhancing general health, according to the research, but more human studies are needed to acquire a more complete picture of its health-promoting effects. As a result, incorporating camu camu into your diet can be a proactive move toward better health, particularly in terms of immunity, antioxidant protection, and anti-inflammatory support.
HOW DOES CAMU CAMU BERRY EXTRACT WORK IN HUMAN BODY?
When camu camu berry extract is consumed, it works in the human body through a variety of ways. First and foremost, its high vitamin C content is the key. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that aids in the protection of cells against oxidative stress caused by free radicals. These free radicals can be caused by a variety of reasons, including stress, poor diet, and pollution exposure. When free radicals overcome your body’s natural defensive mechanisms, oxidative stress develops, which has been related to chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Camu camu is extremely high in vitamin C, with up to 3 grams per 100 grams of the fruit. This vitamin C content protects against oxidative stress and free radical damage.
Furthermore, camu camu contains a number of powerful antioxidants, including flavonoids such anthocyanins and ellagic acid. These antioxidants help protect your cells from free radical damage. Excess free radicals can eventually contribute to chronic illnesses such as heart disease and cancer. Camu camu’s strong antioxidant content may be highly helpful for smokers, as smoking produces an abundance of free radicals, resulting in oxidative stress.
Consuming camu camu juice with vitamin C has been proven in studies to significantly reduce oxidative stress and inflammatory indicators like C-reactive protein in smokers. These findings imply that the antioxidant combination found in camu camu berries is more potent than vitamin C alone. It’s worth emphasising that minimising oxidative stress and inflammation can improve overall health, especially for people who suffer from illnesses associated to these factors. While current study is promising, additional research is required to fully grasp the full range of health benefits that camu camu can offer.
HOW MUCH CAMU CAMU BERRY EXTRACT CAN A PERSON TAKE?
The appropriate dosage of this berry extract varies depending on the extract’s type, individual health considerations, and specific health goals. While camu camu contains vitamin C and antioxidants that are usually regarded safe, it is important to utilise supplements and extracts with caution and seek the advice of a health professional. According to the data provided, camu camu extract products, particularly in powdered form, can be extremely concentrated. Per teaspoon, some camu camu powder products can deliver up to 750 percent of the RDA for vitamin C.
To avoid any potential gastrointestinal discomfort, it’s best to start with a modest dose and gradually increase it. A frequent recommendation is to take 1-3 grams of camu camu each day.
Camu camu products may have varied levels of vitamin C, depending on factors such as the origin of the fruit and processing methods, thus it’s critical to read product labels and follow dose recommendations. Furthermore, camu camu research is ongoing, and more data is required to determine accurate dosage guidelines for specific health concerns. Adhering to approved dosages and obtaining medical guidance guarantees that you can safely use camu camu berry extract into your health and wellness regimen, maximising its potential benefits while minimising side effects.
WHAT ARE THE VARIATIONS OF CAMU CAMU BERRY EXTRACT?
Camu Camu Berry Extract is also available as:
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Extract 10% Vitamin C (Added) (Myrciaria dubia)
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Extract 25% Vitamin C (Added) (Myrciaria dubia)
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Extract 4:1 (Myrciaria dubia)
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Extract 5% Natural Vitamin C (Myrciaria dubia)
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Powder Brown (Myrciaria dubia)
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Powder Orange (Myrciaria dubia)
- Camu Camu Berry Fruit Powder Pink (Myrciaria dubia)
Camu Camu Berry Extract is commonly available in:
- Camu Camu Berry Extract capsules
- Camu Camu Berry powder extract
- Camu Camu Berry liquid extract
If you are wanting to know more information, please get in contact with us. Either using the contact form or contacting us directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.