WHAT IS DAMIANA EXTRACT?
Damiana extract comes from the Turnera diffusa shrub, which is native to Texas, Mexico, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. This plant has a long history of usage in Mexican traditional medicine. This extract contains a number of components and chemicals, including arbutin, pinocembrin, acacetin, apigenin, 7-glucoside, and Z-echinacin, which are thought to be responsible for its possible health benefits.
While damiana extract is a well-known herbal medicine, it is critical to use caution when taking dietary supplements. These supplements are not as highly regulated as prescription pharmaceuticals in the United States, and they do not go through pre-approval by the FDA for safety and efficacy. Individuals considering this extract or any dietary supplement should seek the advice of a healthcare expert and be aware of any potential interactions with other supplements or medications.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF DAMIANA EXTRACT?
Damiana extract has a long history of use and is well-known for its multiple possible health benefits. This herbal treatment’s main effects are grounded in its constituents, which include arbutin, pinocembrin, acacetin, apigenin, 7-glucoside, and Z-echinacin.
- Natural Aphrodisiac: Damiana extract has received attention for its putative aphrodisiac effects, which correspond to its historical use in traditional Mexican medicine for boosting libido and sexual function. While the scientific inquiry is still in its early stages, the findings are encouraging. This extract may have aphrodisiac-like effects, according to research published in “Ethnopharmacology.” This animal study discovered that the herbal extract had the ability to improve sexual desire and performance. Although more research is needed to validate these effects in humans, these preliminary findings highlight its potential in treating sexual wellbeing.
- May relieve anxiety and stress: Damiana extract, based on historic usage for stress treatment, may play a role in lowering anxiety and increasing relaxation. A study published in the “Journal of Ethnopharmacology” indicated that damiana extract has anxiolytic qualities in animal models. While this study was conducted on rats, it provided vital insights into damiana’s possible anxiety-reducing properties. According to the findings, the herbal treatment may help relieve anxiety and stress, which is consistent with its traditional usage. More extensive research is needed, however, to validate and understand the mechanisms underlying these anxiolytic effects in humans.
- May offer digestive support: Damiana extract may also be beneficial to digestive health. This plant has traditionally been used to treat gastrointestinal disorders such as indigestion. Some scientific studies have looked into the ability of this extract to improve digestive function. A study published in the “Journal of Ethnopharmacology” discovered that this extract had smooth muscle-relaxing qualities in the digestive system. These actions may help with digestion by increasing gastrointestinal motility. While research into damiana extract’s digestive effects is ongoing, these findings suggest that it may have a role in boosting general gastrointestinal well-being.
Finally, damiana extract has several distinct health benefits, including its capacity to act as an aphrodisiac, anxiety reliever, and digestive help. While more research is needed to fully understand and evaluate its mechanisms, its long history in traditional medicine and early scientific discoveries make it a valuable herbal treatment for a wide range of health and well-being issues. As with any dietary supplement, consumers should consult with a healthcare expert before using it, especially if it is being used in conjunction with other vitamins or medications.
HOW DOES DAMIANA EXTRACT WORK IN HUMAN BODY?
Damiana extract has the ability to alter different physiological processes in the human body due to the complicated interplay of its bioactive components. Damiana components such as arbutin, pinocembrin, acacetin, and apigenin are absorbed in the gastrointestinal system after consumption. These bioactive substances are subsequently absorbed into the bloodstream and distributed throughout the body. Once within the body, they interact with many systems and organs, potentially leading to a variety of health benefits.
One important area where this extract may be beneficial is in the promotion of sexual function. Its aphrodisiac qualities are thought to be due to its capacity to alter neurotransmitters and hormones associated with sexual arousal and desire. Damiana, in particular, may influence the release of neurotransmitters involved with mood, pleasure, and sexual drive, such as dopamine and serotonin. It may also have an effect on hormonal control, particularly oestrogen and testosterone. This interaction can boost libido and improve sexual performance. Furthermore, damiana’s anxiolytic characteristics contribute to its efficacy in lowering anxiety and encouraging relaxation. It is hypothesised to influence the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter in the brain with inhibitory properties that promotes relaxation and lowers stress.
This extract may also increase GABA receptor activity, relaxing the nervous system and lowering anxiety. This soothing impact can extend to the gastrointestinal tract, where the smooth muscle-relaxing characteristics of the herbal extract may aid digestion by increasing gastrointestinal motility. Furthermore, the presence of pinocembrin in this extract is linked to anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, which might help with overall well-being. These diverse methods of action emphasise this extract’s adaptability in improving health and resolving numerous issues.
HOW MUCH DAMIANA EXTRACT CAN A PERSON TAKE?
This extract comes in a variety of formats, including tea bags, capsules, and tinctures, allowing users to select the approach that best meets their preferences and needs. To guarantee safe and efficient use, however, it is critical to stick to the suggested dosages. It is best to follow the dose guidelines on the product label for best results. In general, 2 to 4 grams of dried damiana leaves in tea or capsule form should be consumed with meals up to three times a day. These suggestions are a good place to start for users, but individual responses may vary, so it’s important to determine the optimal dosage for your unique needs.
It’s worth noting that excessive doses of this extract, especially those over 200 grams, have been linked to hallucinations. To minimise any negative effects, it is critical to avoid excessive use. This extract should be avoided by pregnant and nursing women, as well as people with liver problems. Damiana’s vast variety of applications and possible health benefits highlight the need of following suggested dosages and checking with healthcare specialists as needed. Individuals can enjoy the potential benefits of this extract while also ensuring their own well-being and safety.
WHAT ARE THE VARIATIONS OF DAMIANA EXTRACT?
It is also available as:
- Damiana Aphrodisiaca Powder (Turnera aphrodisiaca)
- Damiana Extract 10:1 (Turnera diffusa)
- Damiana Extract 5:1 (Turnera diffusa)
- Damiana Leaf Powder (Turnera diffusa)
This extract is commonly available in:
- Damiana Extract capsules
- Damiana powder extract
- Damiana liquid extract
If you are wanting to know more information, please get in contact with us. Either using the contact form or contacting us directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.