WHAT IS LIONS MANE MUSHROOM?
Scientifically named as Hericium erinaceus, the lion’s mane mushroom is a rare and peculiar kind of mushroom distinguished by its huge, white, shaggy look that mimics a lion’s mane. Beyond its remarkable look, Lion’s Mane mushrooms are well known for its possible health advantages.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LIONS MANE MUSHROOM?
The benefits of lions mane mushroom are:
- May help in depression and anxiety: Animal studies have shown that Lion’s Mane has the potential to be used as a replacement therapy for depression. According to these studies, Lion’s Mane mushroom may have mood-enhancing properties and could potentially treat depressed symptoms. It is crucial to highlight, however, that animal studies cannot be straight away applied to humans, and more study including human subjects is required. Only a small number of clinical trials on humans have concentrated on particular demographics, including menopausal women who are experiencing depressive symptoms. One study looked into the effects of Lion’s Mane mushroom extract on menopausal women suffering from anxiety. The study found that using Lion’s Mane extract daily for eight weeks reduced depression symptoms, including enhanced sleep. While these findings are encouraging, the limited sample size and lack of control groups in such research make it difficult to draw solid conclusions. To establish the effectiveness of Lion’s Mane mushroom in treating depression in the general population, more rigorous clinical trials involving larger sample sizes and placebo-controlled designs are needed.
- May have anti-inflammatory properties: Various research have shown that Lion’s Mane mushroom has anti-inflammatory effects. Animal studies have indicated that Lion’s Mane extract may decrease inflammation linked with illnesses such as ulcerative colitis and liver inflammation induced by excessive alcohol intake. These data imply that Lion’s Mane has anti-inflammatory properties. More research is needed, however, to fully grasp the degree of its anti-inflammatory benefits in humans.
- Boosts immunity: Lion’s Mane mushroom boosts the immune system through improving intestinal health. Animal studies have revealed that Lion’s Mane may strengthen the intestinal immune system and regulate intestinal microbes, both of which are important in defending against pathogens and illnesses. Antioxidants found in Lion’s Mane also help maintain a strong immune system. However, more research is needed to fully comprehend the effect of Lion’s Mane on human immunological function.
In conclusion, Lion’s Mane mushroom has a variety of possible health advantages, ranging from neuroprotection and depression treatment to boosting nerve cell repair, lowering inflammation, and fostering a healthy immune system. More research is required to fully comprehend its benefits and provide optimal dosage recommendations, Lion’s Mane mushroom can be an interesting natural choice worth investigating further for its potential to promote general well-being.
HOW DOES LIONS MANE MUSHROOM WORK IN HUMAN BODY?
When Lion’s Mane mushrooms are ingested, they exert their potential health advantages via a variety of processes. To begin with, it contains neuroprotective substances that stimulate the generation of nerve growth factor (NGF) in the brain, thus helping with nerve cell growth and maintenance. This makes Lion’s Mane mushroom possibly effective for neurological illnesses such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Lion’s Mane mushroom also has anti-inflammatory properties, which are related to bioactive components such as polysaccharides and triterpenes. These substances affect the immune response and inhibit the synthesis of pro-inflammatory molecules, which contributes to a reduction in inflammation in the body.
Furthermore, Lion’s Mane mushroom may have an effect on the gut-brain axis through boosting gut health. It promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria and strengthens the gut wall. It is thought that a healthy gut environment has an indirect effect on brain health and cognitive function. Additionally, Lion’s Mane mushroom contains antioxidants that aid in the fight against oxidative stress generated by damaging free radicals in the body. Lion’s Mane mushroom may also help lessen the risk of chronic diseases related with oxidative damage by neutralising these free radicals.
While these mechanisms offer potential insights into how the Lion’s Mane mushroom works, more research is required to fully comprehend its effects and determine ideal dosages. Before introducing Lion’s Mane mushroom or any other nutritional supplement into your routine, always consult with a healthcare expert, especially if you have underlying health concerns or currently take medications.
HOW MUCH LIONS MANE MUSHROOM CAN A PERSON TAKE?
Due to limited study and fluctuations in formulations, there is no standardised recommendations for Lions mane mushroom dose. Some general criteria, however, may be considered. A healthcare practitioner must be consulted before initiating Lion’s Mane mushroom or any new supplement as individual responses to supplements can differ. They can offer you personalised guidance based on your individual health requirements and concerns. Although no ideal dosage has been determined, various studies have employed doses ranging from 500 mg to 3000 mg per day for cognitive advantages and neuroprotection.
WHAT ARE THE VARIATIONS OF LIONS MANE MUSHROOM?
It is also available as:
- Lions Mane Fermented Mycelium Extract 10:1 (Hericium erinaceus)
- Lions Mane Fermented Mycelium Extract 30% Polyphenols (Hericium erinaceus)
- Lions Mane Fermented Mycelium Powder (Hericium erinaceus)
- Lions Mane Fermented Fruiting Body Extract 10:1 (Hericium erinaceus)
- Lions Mane Fermented Fruiting Body Extract 30% Polysaccharides (Hericium erinaceus)
- Lions Mane Fermented Fruiting Body Extract 5:1 (Hericium erinaceus)
- Monkey’s Head
- Houtou (infrequent)
- Pom Pom Blanc
- Hedgehog Mushroom
- Satyr’s Beard
They are commonly available in:
- Lions Mane mushroom extract (drops)
- Lions Mane mushroom extract (powder)
- Lions Mane mushroom capsules and tablets
- Lions Mane mushroom gummies
If you are wanting to know more information, please get in contact with us. Either using the contact form or contacting us directly on: email@example.com.