WHAT IS REISHI MUSHROOM?
The reishi mushroom, often referred to as Ganoderma lucidum and lingzhi, is an Asian fungus that thrives in a variety of hot, humid climates. according to a review paper, Reishi mushrooms consist of polysaccharides, peptides, and triterpenoids, which may be the source of some of its health advantages. They also include different vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, as well as nutritional fibre.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REISHI MUSHROOM?
The benefits of REISHI MUSHROOM include:
- May have anti-inflammatory properties: Reishi mushrooms are loaded with essential elements, such as antioxidants, beta-glucans, and amino acids, just like other anti-inflammatory ingredients. Its polysaccharides are thought to be among the reishi mushroom’s most advantageous ingredients. These are water-soluble nutrient groups present in carbohydrate diets that have anti-tumor properties. Polysaccharides are immunity boosting compounds that are also present in other healthy plant foods like sweet potatoes and beets. They are elements that support the ability of reishi mushrooms to safeguard DNA and prevent cell mutations while maintaining healthy cells in the body. Studies suggest that certain medicinal mushrooms have anti-cancer properties because their polysaccharides have key biological advantages such as antioxidant, neuro-protective, radio-protective, anti-diabetes, anti-osteoporosis, and anti-fatigue properties.
- May control blood sugar: Keeping high blood sugar levels can be harmful to overall health, causing symptoms such as exhaustion, accidental weight loss, and frequent urination. Reishi mushrooms may offer anti-diabetic characteristics, assisting in the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels to prevent negative side effects, according to some research.
For instance, a study from Taiwan found that reishi mushrooms could lower mice’s insulin and blood sugar levels. Additionally, they enhanced how the body uses insulin to move sugar from the bloodstream to the tissues where it will be used as fuel as well as the levels of several catalysts involved in blood sugar management.
- May contribute to mental wellness: Although the immune system benefits of reishi are frequently highlighted, it may help lessen depression and exhaustion. An earlier study looked at its effects on 132 patients with neurasthenia, a disorder characterised by aches, pains, dizziness, migraines, and irritation. After taking the supplements for 8 weeks, the researchers observed a decrease in fatigue and an improvement in wellbeing. Reishi powder was found to improve quality of life after 4 weeks and reduce tiredness, depression, and stress in another 2012 trial on women with breast cancer. Reishi mushrooms may show promise for persons who suffer from particular medical conditions, but it’s not clear if healthy individuals would also benefit from them.
Despite the fact that Reishi mushrooms have many health benefits, it is always advisable to speak with a doctor or nutritionist before include Reishi mushrooms in your diet, as an excessive amount could have adverse effects.
HOW DOES REISHI MUSHROOM WORK IN HUMAN BODY?
Numerous research carried out in Japan, China, the United States, and the United Kingdom over the past few decades have shown that reishi mushrooms can provide resistance against a variety of conditions or illnesses. Reishi mushrooms function as a “immune modulator,” which means they can balance hormones, return the body to homeostasis, and control immune system activity. Using this, you can combat malignant cells and tumours.
According to research, reishi mushrooms have a restoring effect on a variety of cellular processes, including the immunological, endocrine (hormonal), cardiovascular, CNS, and digestive systems. The fact that reishi has so many uses yet almost no side effects is one of its greatest advantages. Reishi mushrooms are also significantly less hazardous than conventional drugs. These components include the complex sugars known as beta-glucans, plant sterols that serve as the body’s precursors to hormones, polysaccharides that prevent the growth of cancer cells, and acidic compounds known as triterpenes that suppress the body’s allergic response.
HOW MUCH REISHI MUSHROOM CAN A PERSON TAKE?
The recommended dosage of reishi mushroom extract or a powder may vary greatly depending on the form of the mushroom used. The suggested dosage for a given product should be found on the label. Typically, a dried extract of the mushroom is used. In these instances, the dose is typically ten times lower than when the mushroom itself is consumed.
The largest doses are typically obtained when a person consumes an entire mushroom, which can range from 25 to 100 grams. However, the daily dose of reishi mushroom extract is often between 1.5 and 9 grammes. Always follow the directions on the label when taking an extract. The mushroom should be simmered in hot water to make a therapeutic tea because it is hard and woody.
Consult a physician before using a reishi mushroom supplement. Sometimes supplements may interact negatively with other medications, aggravate some medical problems, and/or have unfavourable side effects. Based on a patient’s medical history, a doctor can be able to suggest alternative therapies and treatments that are more effective for them.
WHAT ARE THE VARIATIONS OF REISHI MUSHROOM?
Reishi Mushroom is also available as:
- Reishi Fermented Mycelium Extract 10% Polysaccharides (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Reishi Fermented Mycelium Extract 10:1 (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Reishi Fermented Mycelium Extract 30% Polysaccharides (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Reishi Fermented Mycelium Extract Powder (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Reishi Mushroom Fruiting Body Extract 4:1 (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Reishi Mushroom Fruiting Body Powder 30% Polysaccharides (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Mushroom Of Immortality
- Antlered Reishi
- Ganoderma Spores
- Ganoderma Lucidum
- 10000 Years Mushroom
Reishi Mushroom is commonly available as:
- Reishi Mushroom capsules
- Reishi Mushroom powder
- Reishi Mushroom liquid tincture
- Reishi mushroom oral spray
If you are wanting to know more information, please get in contact with us. Either using the contact form or contacting us directly on: email@example.com.